- You will follow trends within the academic world, principally but not exclusively in late antique and medieval studies.
- You will attract and present new projects within your fields.
- You will establish and maintain good contacts with authors and Editorial Boards.
- You will coordinate all aspects of book and online projects from inception to publication.
- You will formulate and monitor a project budget and follow up your projects at various stages of the assessment and production process.
- You will provide accurate information to your colleagues in Sales & Marketing, Legal, Administration and Production.
Your fields of operation
- General, literary, cultural and religious history of Late Antiquity and the Middle Ages.
- Traditional and digital text editing.
Your skills and experience
- You have a passion for or take an active interest in both traditional and digital editing techniques and methodology.
- You have experience in academic publishing and are familiar with the scholarly milieu.
- Digital Humanities appeal to you.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and a thorough knowledge of French academia.
- In addition, you read (medieval) Latin without difficulty and you communicate fluently in Dutch and English. Knowledge of any other languages (classic or modern) is an asset.
- You are a team player, but you are not afraid to work independently.
- You know how to set priorities, but you also excel at maintaining several projects at the same time.
- You have an eye for detail, but you do not lose sight of the bigger picture and the longer term.
- You like to be intellectually challenged, but you are also hands-on.
- You are communicative, creative, flexible, persistent, have a high level of accuracy and a keen attention to detail.
- You have developed project management skills and a sound commercial insight.
What can you expect?
We offer a permanent contract and competitive terms of employment in a stable and well-structured company. You will join a passionate, international and creative team in a scholarly and technological environment where your input will be important.
Please respond by 30 November 2021 at the latest.
Over de opdrachtgever
Brepols Publishers is an international academic publisher in the humanities. Its main areas of publication include English and French language scholarship in history, literary studies, religious studies, philosophy, and art history; text editions in Latin, Greek, and other classical languages, as well as other source works; electronic publications (databases, online bibliographies and encyclopaedias, etc). Brepols has a broad customer base worldwide, comprising specialist libraries, academic institutions, and individual scholars. Our publications appear under the imprints Brepols, Corpus Christianorum (text editions), Harvey Miller (art history), BREPOLiS (online publishing) and Story (legal). In the Corpus Christianorum Library & Knowledge Centre (CCBK) all activities in the field of Latin, the preparation of text editions and textual databases, the development of language technology and the creation of research databases, are centralised. With a team of approximately 45 staff, Brepols achieves an annual turnover of 8 million euros. The company is located in the historic béguinage of Turnhout (B) and has offices in Ghent (B), Nottingham (UK), Los Angeles (USA), and Thessaloniki (GR).
Categorie: Directie & Management
Opdrachtgever: Brepols Publishers
Naam: Guy Goelen